New Student Checklist - Incoming Spring 2016 Students
(click here for a complete pdf version of the checklist)
1. CREATE YOUR IU COMPUTER ACCOUNT
One.IU is Indiana University's Web-based application portal that provides a common front door to online services, including email, registration, tuition statements, payment options, and scholarship applications. You will need your university ID number to create your One.IU account. Refer to your Admissionso certificate for this number. If you would like assistance with setting up your account, please stop by the Gateway Information Center, located in the main lobby of the Administration Building, or call (574) 520-5005.
To create your One.IU account, go to Account Management Services and follow the instructions on setting up your account.
2. TAKE YOUR PLACEMENT EXAM(S)
Please check your Admission Certificate to learn which placement exams (English and/or math) you will be required to take prior to registering for classes. Placement exams are offered at no cost on both teh South Bend campus and at the Elkhart Center. Please note that a computer automated "due date" based on your time of admission will be visible in One.IU. This specific "due date" can be disregarded as long as placement exams are completed before Orientation and advising sessions.
- English Exam Reservations: Click here for exam reservations or call (574) 520-5005. English exam dates will be posted the week of October 26.
- Math Exam: This exam is all done online. Click here for information.
- Preparing for the Exams: No advance preparation is necessary.
- Exemptions from Placement Exams: Students with AP scores or who took college-level coursework while in high school, as well as those who are transferring to IU South Bend from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution may be exempt from exams based upon exam equivalencies or transferable credit hours.
- Special Accommodations: Students with a documented disability requiring accommodation should make arrangements in advance with Disability Support Services by calling (574) 520-4460.
- Accessing and Interpreting Exam Results: Instructions for accessing your exam results through your One.IU account, as well as information about which courses are prescribed from the results, can be found at https://www.iusb.edu/exams/examresults.php
3. ATTEND NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION, COMPLETE ACADEMIC ADVISING, AND REGISTER FOR CLASSES
Reservations for all orientation programs are required. Click here for orientation reservations or call (574) 520-5005. Seating is lmited for each orientation and reservations will be made on a first come, first served basis.
What to bring to new student orientation
Your One.IU account username and passphrase is all you need. Make sure you are able to log into One.IU PRIOR to attending orientation. If having difficulties, call the Information Center at (574) 520-5005. We will have everything else here for you. Be sure to dress weather appropriately and wear comfortable shoes.
Directions to campus
Orientation takes place on the IU South Bend campus in the University Grill, located in the Administration Building. You can park in the lot in front of the Student Activities Center. Maps and driving directions are available at www.iusb.edu/maps.
Call (574) 520-5005 or email email@example.com if you need to cancel or reschedule your orientation reservation.
4. OTHER IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS
- Housing & Residence Life: Live on campus and get the complete university experience! Easy access to campus resources, no commute, and beautiful furnished suites. For an application or more information (including a virtual tour) please go to www.iusb.edu/housing or call the Office of Housing and Residential Life at (574) 520-5805. You will have the opportunity to tour housing at orientation.
- Student Photo ID's: If you are registered for classes, you may obtain your photo ID anytime, or you can wait until orientation. If you want to obtain your ID now, go to the Gateway Information Center, located in the main lobby of the Administration Building. Hours are Monday-Thursday, 8:00a - 5:30p and Friday, 8:00a - 5:00p. You will need to present another form of photo ID (i.e. driver's license) in order to receive your student ID. There is no charge for the first ID.
- Parking Permits: These will be available 30 days prior to to the start of classes at the Parking Services Office in Administration 123A.
- Apply for Financial Aid: If you wish to apply for financial aid or grants, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The priority filing deadline was March 10, any applications received after that date are processed in the order received. Please submit as soon as possible. The Office of Financial Aid will conduct an information session for students and parents at orientation and can answer questions about applying for aid. However, you can contact their office anytime with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (574) 520-4357.
- Sign up for direct deposit: You may have your refund deposited directly into your personal checking or savings account and greatly reduce the time it takes to receive your refund. To arrange for direct deposit, log onto OneStart, then select "Sign up for Direct Deposit " under the "My Finances" heading and follow the step-by-step instructions. Additional information on refunds, fees, and making payments on your account may be found at the Bursar Services Web site at www.iusb.edu/bursar/. Reminder: no paper bills are mailed, all billing is done electronically. Refer to the Bursar Web site for details.
- Check your Indiana University e-mail often: You will receive many important reminders via e-mail prior to the start of classes. Look for info on financial aid, billing, textbooks, parking permits, and more. Access e-mail from your OneStart account. If you are unable to access your email, please contact the Gateway Information Center at (574) 520-5005.
- Disability Support Services: Admitted students who wish to receive information about auxiliary aids or services, accommodations, and assistance should contact the Disability Support Services Office as soon as possible to schedule an appointment with a representative. Call (574) 520-4460 or email email@example.com.
Please call the Gateway Information Center at (574) 520-5005 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions on any of the above information.