Public Observing Schedule and Updates
Status Update for next MTS: Looking good as of 5:15 p.m.! Bundle up, though -- there's no heat up there!
Please join us for the next Meet the Stars event at the IU South Bend observatory:
- Date: Monday, Nov. 21
- Meeting Time: 8:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Meeting Location: Come to the northwest entrance to Northside Hall. A volunteer will escort attendees to the rooftop observatory at 8:00, and at intervals of about 15 min. thereafter.
The meeting location is indicated on the map below. Please note, though, that Greenlawn Hall has been razed. That location is now actually a green lawn. Before coming, please be sure to check the top of this page for status updates in case we need to cancel.
Planned Viewing Objects: Mars?, star clusters?, double stars?, ???
This is a public event, and all are welcome!
Previous MTS Events:
- 2016: Oct. 7 (Saturn, when it emerged from the clouds); Sept. 2 (Saturn, Mars, Wild Duck Cluster [M11], Ring Nebula [M57]); Aug. 22 (Saturn, Mars, Great Cluster in Hercules [M13], Wild Duck Cluster [M11], Ring Nebula [M57]); July 22 (Jupiter, Saturn, M13, M57); Apr. 13 (Moon, Jupiter);
- 2015: Sept. 27 (Full Eclipse of Harvest Moon); June 30 (Conjunction of Jupiter and Venus)
- 2014: Aug. 28; July 25; June 26