Public Observing Schedule and Updates
Status Update for next MTS: As of Sunday evening, April 10, the forecast looks good!...
Please join us for the next Meet the Stars event at the IU South Bend observatory:
- Date: Wednesday, April 13, 2016
- Meeting Time: 8:30 p.m.
- Meeting Location: The north entrance of Northside Hall (scroll down for a campus map, but note that Greenlawn Hall has been demolished.)
We'll have someone at the entrance between 8:30 and 9:00 p.m.; if you arrive and no one is at the entrance, please feel free to call Prof. Scott's office, at 574-520-5527, and we'll arrange for someone to come down to let you in and escort you to the observatory. Before coming, please be sure to check the top of this page for status updates in case we need to cancel.
Planned Viewing Objects:
- Moon, Jupiter, maybe some star clusters when it gets darker
This is a public event, and all are welcome!
Previous MTS Events:
- 2015: Sept. 27 (Full Eclipse of Harvest Moon); June 30 (Conjunction of Jupiter and Venus)
- 2014: Aug. 28; July 25; June 26