IU South Bend Crime Notice:
September 12, 2017
A Crime Notice is being issued for a reported Voyeurism.
REPORTED OFFENSE: On September 12, 2017 the IUPD received a report of suspicious activity and voyeurism. IUPD South Bend learned of 2 incidents that occurred in the past month, where a male subject was observed standing in the bushes at River Crossing Student Housing. In at least one incident he was observed looking into the apartment windows
TIME AND LOCATION OF OFFENSE: These incidents occurred on August 22, 2017 at 10:30 PM and September 12, 2017 at 12:50 AM at River Crossing Student Housing.
SUSPECT: Suspect in this case is unknown.
In an effort to keep yourself and others safe, please consider the following safety tips:
Please report any suspicious activity in and around River Crossing Student Housing to IUPD at (574) 520-4239.
IUPD is available to provide safety escorts..
- Keep your curtains closed especially in the evening and at night
- Be aware of individuals hanging out alone near windows on around shrubbery, bushes, alleyways, or any other poorly-lit area.
- Always let someone know where you are going and when you expect to return.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid walking alone whenever possible.
- Use well-lit, regularly traveled walks and pathways, especially at night. Avoid shortcuts and keep away from shrubbery, bushes, alleyways, or any other poorly-lit area where an assailant might be lurking.
- Keep your ears clear of headphones and your hands free of packages or bags.
- Report suspicious behavior, even if you are not being directly threatened.
Additional safety tips can be found at: https://protect.iu.edu/police-safety/safety-prevention/index.html
If additional information or updates are released, they will be posted to http://emergency.iu.edu
Crimes are identified using the terminology from the Clery Act. Additional information on the Clery Act, including definitions of crime terms can be found at: https://protect.iu.edu/police-safety/clery/index.html
Update your information on the IU Notify page to receive the most up to date notifications. Instructions for how to update your contact information are found at: https://kb.iu.edu/d/avvp
Indiana University Police Department
2002 Mishawaka Avenue
24 Hour Non-emergency: 520-4239