Using your degree after graduation
A Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology can prepare students for employment in such settings as community mental health centers, vocational rehabilitation offices, research laboratories, hospitals, and correctional programs. Many students go on to graduate study in psychology and related fields for additional training. An undergraduate major in psychology will also be valuable to students who are planning professional careers in law, social work, business, and other areas.
- Research the value of your degree and how to market it. What is a Liberal Arts Education? Ten Ways to Market Your Liberal Arts Degree
- Get résumé advice from Career Services and talk with your professors and advisor.
- Visit our Study Abroad and Internships section for hands-on experience and networking opportunities.
- Browse the Career Services resource: 5 Steps to Landing a Job
- Visit the IUSB Career Services online database to search for job listings.
We want you to succeed!