Official transcripts are available from the Office of the Registrar at a cost of $8.00 for each mailed transcript and $13.00 for each expedited PDF transcript. You may request a copy in person, by mail, online, or by fax. We cannot accept e-mailed requests, as a signature is required. Transcript requests for enrollment prior to fall 1965 cost $10.00 and are maintained in the IU Bloomington Office of the Registrar.
Transcript processing fees are non-refundable.
Please refer to the note above for the processing time. A third party can pick up your transcript if they have the completed Transcript Request Form, payment, and your written permission.
Online (e-Transcript request)
- Current students, Alumni, and previous students who still have active computing accounts are able to request their transcript online by following the steps below:
- Log into OneStart using your user name and pass phrase.
- Make sure you are looking at the Student Self Service tab. This tab should be brown.
- Scroll down the page until you see the title "eDocs".
- Under this title you should see a link named "Official Transcript Request (Online). Click this link and follow the prompts. Make sure you indicate if you will be picking the transcript up or if you need the office to mail it out.
- The transcript processing fee is the same and must be paid via credit card. Your information is protected.
- If you indicated that you want to pick it up, and request it during normal business hours, the transcript will be available within 15 minutes. Transcripts requested after normal business hours will be printed at approximately 8:30 a.m. the following business day. It will be available in the Office of the Registrar in the Administration Building 148X.
Former students who no longer have access to OneStart must click here.****** Please understand that if for any reason you are unable to complete this procedure you will be required to either mail in or fax in the request form found on IU South Bend's website.*
If you are paying by check or money order, make it payable to Indiana University and write your University ID number in the memo section. If you are paying by credit card, include your card information on the Transcript Request Form. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
Send the form and payment to:
Office of the Registrar
Indiana University South Bend
1700 Mishawaka Avenue
Post Office Box 7111
South Bend, IN 46634-7111
Fax requests require credit card payment. Include your card information on the Transcript Request Form. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
Fax the form to (574) 520-4868.
We cannot send official transcripts via fax.
View Your Transcript Online
Students with a valid username and password may use OneStart, the university’s Web-based student information service, to view their IU transcript.
Past-Due Financial Accounts
Bursar Services is responsible for the collection of university financial obligations. An account that is past due is encumbered by the bursar. If your account is encumbered, you will not be able to obtain copies of your transcript.