RESEARCH PROJECT INITIATION GRANT GUIDELINES
- Research Project Initiation Grants were established to support faculty who are undertaking a new direction in their research or creative activity.
- Grant: Up to $500 for one project. No proposal will be accepted from investigators who have an open R&D Grant (Faculty Research, Curriculum, Research Project Initiation, Regional Research, or Seed Grant) at the time of application.
- Eligibility: Faculty; Must be tenured or have tenure-track appointment at the time of application. No proposal will be accepted from investigators who have an open IUSB grant at the time of application.
- Deadlines: No formal deadline. Proposal will be accepted throughout the year. Once funds are expended for the year the program will be put on hold until the next fiscal year.
- How to Apply: Submit the following:
- a completed and signed Proposal Route Sheet
- a memorandum (2 pages maximum) describing the proposed project or creative activity to be initiated including the:
- context (be sure to discuss the new direction for your research or creative activity)
- potential to stimulate additional work for dissemination and/or external funding
- a budget
- a curriculum vitae (10 pages maximum)
- a copy of your IRB approval if appropriate.
- Notification of Action and Handling of the Grant Account:
- Applicants will be notified by the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs of the status of their proposal approximately three weeks after the proposal is submitted.
- A grant must be expended within one year unless an extension is requested and approved by the Research & Development Committee or its designee.
- Significant changes in project objectives, procedures, or budget cannot be undertaken without the approval of the Research & Development Committee or its designee.
- A closing report must be sent to the Office of Research within one month of the account expiration date. Individuals who have not submitted a report on previous grants will not be eligible for future grants.
- After the specified deadline unused funds will revert to a campus account.
- These grants will normally terminate when their recipients' appointment at IUSB comes to an end.
Return to Office of Research HomePage