Donna R. Pfeil-YWCA Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to assist single parents who, in the absence of scholarship support, are unable to complete or continue their training in institutions of post-secondary education. The Pfeil family, through initial and continuing support, created the scholarship fund to assist with the cost of tuition and books, and is open to both undergraduate and graduate students. The scholarship is awarded annually through the IU South Bend Scholarship Committee.
- Be a single adult (18 years of age and older), with primary custody of their child/children;
- Have a minimum 2.0/4.0 (C) average GPA in high school for incoming freshmen, an IU South Bend GPA of 2.0/4.0 (C) average for undergraduates, or 3.0/4.0 graduate GPA (B) average;
- Be enrolled as a degree seeking student at Indiana University South Bend;
Preference is given to applicants who are single female parents struggling in poverty and U.S. Citizens.
To assist the IU South Bend Scholarship Committee in determining the most qualified recipient, applicants must complete and submit the following as part of the attached scholarship application:
- A signed 1-2 page personal statement regarding your need for this assistance and an explanation of how you will meet the full cost of your education during the academic year. In your statement, please include biographical information that will be useful to the committee in determining your eligibility and describe what you hope to accomplish with your education.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation.
Awards are typically given at $500 to $750 to assist with the cost of tuition and books. Amounts could vary on the basis of enrolled hours, the specific course of study, and funds available. Neither the YWCA nor any of the scholarship contributors have claim on the services of students receiving the scholarship. If a recipient withdraws from classes, any refund attributable to this award reverts to the Pfeil-YWCA Scholarship Fund.
Deadline: August 1st.
Completed applications should be returned to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, Administration Building Room 157, 1700 Mishawaka Avenue, Post Office Box 7111, South Bend, Indiana 46634-7111.