*** Deadline Extended to April 22, 2016! ***
The Verizon Scholarship was established to recognize outstanding students that have completed coursework through the Smart Start program at the IU South Bend Elkhart Center and are prepared to continue their education at IU South Bend. In order to qualify for this scholarship, students must meet the following criteria.
- Be an undergraduate student;
- Be a resident of Elkhart County, Indiana;
- Complete a minimum of 24 credit hours of General Education courses at the IU South Bend Elkhart Center
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 or above; and
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours at IU South Bend each semester (fall, spring) in which the scholarship is in effect.
The award will provide up to $1,000 for the upcoming academic year, payable $500 per semester. The number of awards will be based on the availability of funds. Recipients of the scholarship will be determined by the IUSB Scholarship Committee.
An annual scholarship application and FAFSA are required each year to renew the scholarship.
Completed applications should be submitted by April 1st or the following business day to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. Applications may be dropped off at the Education and Arts Building, 2003 or mailed to 1002 S. Esther Street, PO Box 7111, South Bend, IN 46634. Late applications will only be accepted if no eligible applicants are identified by the posted deadline.
Deadline: April 1st or following business day Deadline Extended to April 22, 2016
If you have questions, please the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships, at 574-520-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.