The Verizon Scholarship was established to recognize outstanding students that have completed coursework through the Smart Start program at the IU South Bend Elkhart Center and are prepared to continue their education at IU South Bend. In order to qualify for this scholarship, students must meet the following criteria.
- Be an undergraduate student;
- Be a resident of Elkhart County, Indiana;
- Complete a minimum of 24 credit hours of General Education courses at the IU South Bend Elkhart center by the end of the semester you are applying for the scholarship;
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 or above; and
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours at IU South Bend each semester (fall, spring) in which the scholarship is in effect.
The award will provide up to $1,000 for the upcoming academic year, payable $500 per semester. The number of awards will be based on the availability of funds. Recipients of the scholarship will be determined by the IUSB Scholarship Committee.
An annual scholarship application and FAFSA are required each year to renew the scholarship.
Completed applications should be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. Applications may be dropped off at the Administrations Building, 157 or mailed to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office, 1700 Mishawaka Avenue, PO Box 7111, South Bend, IN 46634. Late applications will not be accepted.
Deadline: April 1st.
If you have questions, please contact Malissa Ayala, Assistant Director of Financial Aid & Scholarships, at 574-520-4357 or email@example.com.