Enrollment in the BSW program requires formal admission to the IU School of Social Work as per accreditation standards. The following are the minimum requirements for admission consideration:
- Regular admission to IU South Bend
- Completion of a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Satisfactory completion (grade of C or higher) of the required course S 141, Introduction to Social Work
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Evidence of characteristics or potential required for competent social work practitioners as defined in the mission statement of the School of Social Work. Such evidence may be derived from application materials, letters of reference, pertinent work or volunteer experience, and performance in S141, Introduction to Social Work
- Complete and submit the current BSW application.