The ACE scholarship is a $500 per semester scholarship to degree seeking students drawn randomly from eligible applicants in the fall and spring semesters. In the spring semester fall ACE scholarship recipients will be awarded another $500 if they re-apply and meet the requirements for that semester. If prior recipients do not meet the requirements, available scholarships will be drawn from the eligible spring applicant pool.
- Attend 5 tutoring sessions in a semester
- For fall semester consideration at least one tutoring session in each of the months of September, October, and November
- For spring semester consideration at least one tutoring session in each of the months of February, March, and April
- Qualifying servies:
- Learning Center: Drop-in Tutoring, Supplemental Instruction, Study Smarter Coaching, Workshops
- Writers' Room: Drop-in Tutoring, Write-Well Coaching
- Math Tutoring Center: Drop-in Tutoring
- Undergraduates must have maintained a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA and have completed a minimum of 12 credits in the semester with no Ds or Fs. Graduate students must have maintained a minimum 3.0 GPA and have completed a minimum of 4 credits in the semester with no Ds or Fs.
$500 scholarships will be applied at the end of the fall semester, renewable one time for application at the end of the spring semester based on the same requirements specified for the fall semester.
The application includes a minimum 250-word essay discussing which services were utilized. In the essay, students will be required to choose and describe a tutoring session, including how they participated. After a two-semester cycle, students must begin the application process again to be entered into the lottery.
Fall semester December 1st; Spring semester May 1st