Quality Matters"Quality Matters (QM) is a faculty-centered, peer review process that is designed to certify the quality of online and blended courses. QM is a leader in quality assurance for online education and has received national recognition for its scalable, peer-based approach and continuous improvement in online education and student learning. (Learn more)"
Now Get Certified @ IU South Bend - Quality Matters
- Title: Applying the Quality Matters Rubric
- Description: The Applying the QM Rubric (APPQMR) workshop is QM's flagship workshop on the QM Rubric and the process of using the QM Rubric to review online courses. It is intended for a broad audience, including but not limited to faculty, instructional designers, administrators, and adjunct instructors who wish to understand more about the QM Rubric and process of course review. The APPQMR is the prerequisite for the Peer Reviewer Course, which is the required course to become a QM Peer Reviewer.
- Format: Face-to-face, 6 hours (9-4pm, 30 min lunch, min 6 participants, maximum 30)
2-Week Online option also available.
- Date: Once in the fall, once in the spring
- Location: TBA
- Who can attend: Open to IU South Bend Faculty, Staff, and Administrators
- Cost: Free to IU South Bend Faculty, Staff, and Administrators
- To Register: Limited Seats! First Come First Serve! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conducted By: Amy Pawlosky, Center for Online Education, Certified QM APPQMR Face-to-Face Trainer
- More Info:https://www.qualitymatters.org/professional-development/courses/appqmr
Peer Reviewer Course
After you've completed the APPQMR workshop you are now eligible to become a Peer Reviewer by taking the Peer Reviewer Course offered regularly online by QM. IU has adopted Quality Matters as their recogintion of quality of online courses and faculty who teach online courses are encouraged to complete the Peer Review Course and become peer reviewers.
The Office of Online Education at IU coordinates informal and formal reviews of online courses using the Quality Matters Rubric and faculty who are part of a review team receive stipends for their involvement. The faculty stipend for conducting an informal review is $75 and the amount increases for a formal review. If you are interested in learning more, the QM website explains the course. The Office of Online Education will pay for a number of faculty to complete the training each year. Contact Amy Pawlosky email@example.com if you want to take the Peer Review Course.
Quality Matter Experts
- Amy Pawlosky, Online Education & Technology Specialist, is certified in the use of the QM Rubric, Peer Review and the Facilitation of the face to face and online APPQMR workshops.
- Firm Faith Watson, Instructional Designer, is certified in the use of the QM Rubric, Peer Review and Facilitation of the face to face APPQMR workshop.