Internet connections: Wireless
Wireless Access is available in most student congregating areas on campus and in campus housing.
IU Secure is the primary wireless signal on campus.
- This signal is restricted to IU students, faculty, and staff only [no guest access]
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS 10.5+ can connect to this signal, authenticate, accept the security certificate if prompted, and use the signal immediately [in most cases]
- Windows XP users need to take additional steps to access IU Secure
- Instructions for Windows XP and for Vista, 7, and Mac users experiencing problems are available at http://kb.iu.edu/data/ayax.html . Printed instructions are available at the DW1245 helpdesk.
- IU Secure Configuration Wizards are available for download at: http://iuware.iu.edu/list.aspx?id=132
Guest Wireless Access may be available for events, contact the events office for more information. Conference, Affiliate or Network Access accounts are required. Accounts can be sponsored by faculty or full time staff at http://itaccounts.iu.edu . More information about these accounts and sponsorship is available at the IU Knowledgebase: http://kb.iu.edu/data/avms.html .