All portions of Indiana University's websites are required by Title 2 of the Americans with Disabilities Act to be fully accessible to everyone. The IU South Bend website templates have already been designed with accessibility in mind.
To meet accessibility standards, all Indiana Unversity web pages must employ at least these general accessibility strategies:
- Provide alternative text for all photos and graphics.
- Provide text alternatives for multimedia (flash, video, and audio).
- Provide a link to a longer description for graphics that present important information, such as charts, graphical tables, and diagrams.
- Provide a description for each link in an image map.
- Use readable font sizes
- Make sure there is sufficient contrast between text and background colors.
- Whenever possible, use sans-serif fonts for body text with sufficient letter and line spacing.
For more information and assistance, visit the Adaptive Technology Center.